FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Which services do you provide exactly?
At Serenity Relocation, we offer help with living in Davao City, Philippines.
Our most popular and prominent feature are the Easy Living packages, which include everything we think is needed to live a comfortable and easy life here.
In addition, we also offer an Accommodation Location Service. For a set fee of $100, we’ll find you an accommodation of your preference.
Finally, we can also help you with buying real estate in Davao City via our Serenity Real Estate Investing service.
How can I contact you?
You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook Serenity Relocation or fill in the contact form on the website.
If requested via mail, we can also give you a Philippine phone number, if you want to call us for whatever reason.
How do I know you're reliable?
We will offer you a legally binding contract detailing the exact nature and content of the transaction, so both parties are protected.
If you feel uncomfortable transferring the money in its entirety up front, you can also choose to just pay half up front, half once you’re here in Davao in your condo and see that we are legit.
(That’s only an option for the first month though, once you have verified our legitimacy, we do require you to pay the full package price up front every month)
It is not possible to just pay everything once you are here, because we do need the money to reserve your condo, pay for our time arranging everything, et cetera.
2. EASY LIVING PACKAGES
What is included in the Easy Living Packages?
When you purchase one of our packages for a month, you get a selection of:
- Assistance of your very own Filipina hostess. One of our lovely hostesses will be in charge of making sure everything runs smoothly for you. She’ll be your main point of contact on the ground. She will be the one helping you with things such as:
- Airport pickup
- Visa renewal
- Finding a gym
- Opening a bank account
- Shopping (2x per week)
- Condominium Accommodation in the heart of Davao. The standard condo is located at the gated community of Camella Northpoint, which is within walking distance of malls, grocery stores, bars, hospitals, gyms, and so forth. The condo is a furnished studio, basically just a nice and private hotel room. Utilities are included in the price. If you require more space, you can request an upgrade and for a modest increase to the package price we can get you a 1, 2 or 3 BR condo instead.
- Access to a Pool and Gym. The community has a communal pool and a gym, which you are free to use. The pool is great for both relaxation and active swimming. The gym just has basic weights, a bench and some machines, so you can get a decent work-out in.
- Drinking water and home-cooked meals. At your condo, we will supply you with drinking water, enough to last you a month. In addition, we’ll make you home-made food, so you don’t have to worry about going out and either overspending at fancy restaurants, roughing it at the local street-shops or making your own food. Of course, if you want to do any of those, that is perfectly fine as well!
- Fresh Laundry: We’ll take care of cleaning your laundry, so you never have to worry about it at all.
- Currency Conversion: Getting cash in another country can be costly. Exchanging it at the airport, a bank, or by withdrawing from ATMs using your credit card can get expensive really fast. You’d be surprised how fast those little costs add up! We provide you with the option of not having to deal with any of that bullshit. If you transfer a sum to us, we will give you the equivalent in Philippine Peso (at the current conversion rate, specified in the agreement), without any extra costs.
As a bonus, we’ll throw in:
- A day-long island hopping tour
- e-Book 49 Tips for an Amazing Island Life
What is the value of your Easy Living Packages?
The true value of our packages lies in acquiring a comfortable, convenient and carefree lifestyle.
Acquiring one of our packages will allow you to spend your time and energy on things that matter more.
Imagine all the things you could do if you didn’t have to deal with paying bills, buying/preparing food, finding a place to stay, laundry, shopping, and so forth.
Monetarily speaking, if you’d spend all the time you save because of our services on working on your business, our packages virtually pay for themselves.
And that’s not even counting the money you save via our Currency Conversion service!
What is not included in the packages?
Anything not mentioned above in the standard arrangements.
However, we pride ourselves on flexibility, so if there is anything else you want, just request it.
If it’s a rather big thing that we need to prepare for, please mention it during the initial phase, before you land in Davao.
If it’s a small thing (like wanting your hostess to show you a bar or a church or a martial arts gym), you can just bring that up with her here.
For HR (and obvious) reasons we need to mention that sexual favors are NOT in the task package of your hostess. There is plenty of opportunity for dating and “dating” in Davao, no worries!
Do you offer custom packages?
Yes, you can definitely request a tailor-made package with an adjusted price.
If you want to avail the package with multiple people (for example, a family), we can offer a combination package. We of course won’t charge you double for any services that do not involve additional costs on our end.
All of this can be discussed, until we arrive at a solution and price that makes everyone happy.
What is the price of your packages?
Our packages range from $680 to $1,480 per month.
You will also have to pay a one-time deposit of half the monthly package price, which will be refunded when you leave the condo in proper condition.
However, if you request an upgrade to a 1, 2 or 3BR, you will most likely have to sign a standard contract for 6 months to a year and have to pay a full deposit.
That depends on the situation and if this is a problem, we’ll try to arrange something that works for all parties, but we cannot guarantee it.
Are there any discounts?
Yes! We always have several discounts available, depending on the package and duration of your stay with us.
10% discount on every package you order before March 2021!
Are there any hidden costs?
There are no hidden costs or fees for the packages. You get everything that is mentioned and we aim to be as upfront as possible.
The only thing that might up the cost is if you request a bigger condo. If you want to upgrade to a 1BR, we charge an extra $100-150. If you want a 2br, $250. 3br depends on availability.
Because we provide all basic needs such as water, utilities, housing and a nutritional meal every day in the Premium Package, you could in theory not spend a single dime extra.
Please do keep in mind the refundable deposit for the condo!
What do I need to pay for myself?
Anything that is not covered by the package you purchase: anything you want to buy, transportation costs (except airport pick-up), extra food, entertainment, hookers, and so forth.
Can't I get everything you offer cheaper somewhere?
Yes, you can definitely get everything we offer at a lower price, if you arrange it yourself.
- You can rent a house in a less-optimal part of the city for about half the price we charge, but of course you most likely won’t have a pool/gym included in the price, you’ll have to cover your own utilities, it won’t be in a gated community, and so forth.
- You can get your own food at the wet-market dirt cheap and then prepare it yourself.
- Doing your own laundry will cut down on costs.
- You can hire your own assistant to help with things such as visa renewal, shopping and opening a bank account.
- You can go to a bank or other money-exchange or ATM to get your cash. This will cost you money, but you can definitely do it. For my first year here, I frequently withdrew chunks of 10.000 PHP from an ATM, and my bank charged me €4 per transaction. At the end of the year, that came to about €500. More than a month’s rent in fees for the privilege of accessing my money.
If budget is a massive concern for you and you want to save a few hundred dollars per month at the cost of having to arrange everything yourself, you can definitely do that.
In that case, our service is not for you.
We are not in the business of offering you the cheapest possible life in Davao.
We’re in the business of offering you a comfortable, convenient and carefree lifestyle.
And that comes at a slightly higher price.
How can I pay for the packages?
- Wire transfer to a Belgian bank
- Wire transfer to a Philippine bank
What is your Currency Conversion service?
If you transfer a sum to us, we will give you the equivalent in Philippine Peso (at an agreed upon rate), without any extra costs.
You can do this at the same time as paying for the package, and at any time during the course of your stay here with us.
So that means that if you send us $300, you’ll get (if the conversion rate is 1:50) PHP 15,000.
We don’t charge you any extra costs for this, as opposed to changing money at banks or other locations.
If you choose to avail this service, we’d like to request you use a round sum of PHP to base your conversion on.
This means that if, say, the conversion rate between USD and PHP is 1:51, we’d have to give you PHP 15,300 for every $300 you send us.
Dealing with small bills is a hassle, please divide the amount of PHP you want by the conversion rate, instead of multiplying the amount of USD you send us by it.
So if you want PHP 15,000, send us $294 (15,000/51). It’s easier to send a random number than it is to deal with small bills.
How big is the condo in your package?
The standard condo included in the packages is a studio condo unit. It has a sleeping/living area, kitchen and bathroom.
What if I want a bigger condo?
Then we get you a bigger condo, at a small increase in price. The most common options are a 1-BR condo ($100-150 extra) or a 2-BR ($200-250).
If you want, we can also arrange a 3-BR, depending on availability.
Just let us know what you prefer and we’ll do our best to make it happen.
Do you only offer this package in Davao City?
Yes, our packages are only available in Davao City, Philippines…for now.
What is the process of acquiring your service?
- Contact us! (Use the contact form at the bottom of the page, or mail us at email@example.com)
- Online back-and-forth to hash out the details (such as your arrival date, specific preferences,…)
- Contract signing
- You transfer the money
- You get on the plane to Davao City
- Your hostess awaits you at Davao airport and takes you to your condo
- Your package starts!
Can I choose my hostess?
That is not an option at the moment.
3. ACCOMMODATION LOCATION SERVICE
What is your Accommodation Location Service?
For a fixed price of $100, we’ll find you an accommodation based on your preferences. We’ll arrange viewings and get you in touch with the owner and, if needed, help you hash out all the details.
4. SERENITY REAL ESTATE INVESTING
What is your Serenity Real Estate Investing?
If you want to invest in condominiums in Davao City, but you’re living somewhere else, we can arrange this for you.
You tell us what you want and what your budget is, and we’ll go talk to real estate developers. We present you with the options, and you can make a choice.
After that, we can arrange the purchase of whatever property you want. We get the paper work, deal with all the bureaucratic boring bullshit that goes with it, and represent your best interests.
Isn't buying real estate by proxy dangerous?
It can be, for sure. After all, you will have to give us Power of Attorney to deal on your behalf.
However, before moving forward with the real estate company, we hash out the agreement between us. We get a lawyer to draw up a legally binding contract between us, detailing the…details of the agreement.
This contract will be notarized.
You are free to have a lawyer of your choice in your country draft up the agreement instead, if you want.
Apart from that, you will never transfer large sums of money to us. You will always send the money directly to the owner/the real estate company.
Our philosophy behind Serenity Relocation is to make life as easy as possible for our clients, and with our Real Estate Investing, we aim to do the same, but in this case a higher priority is placed on your safety and ease of mind.